Registration for the 21-22 school year has now opened! If you participated in SchoolChoice Round 1 and were selected to attend Kennedy next year then you are eligible to register. If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact our registrar at 720-423-4332 or email@example.com.
If you haven’t gone through the School Choice process for Round 1, please consider JFK as your first choice for Round 2.
Any DPS student who wants to attend a new school can take part in SchoolChoice. SchoolChoice is as easy as Find, Apply, Register! Watch these videos or read the step by step guide below!
• Find: First, to prepare for SchoolChoice, learn more about schools in which you might be interested, starting with your neighborhood school. Check out the School Finder!
• Apply: Create your account here. Then, fill out and submit the SchoolChoice application – including ranking your most-preferred schools. We are now in Round 2 of the SchoolChoice process which lasts until Aug. 31. This is for families who missed Round 1, took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options, or are new to DPS for next school year.
• Register: Once placement notifications are sent in late March, connect with your school for registration information.
Need assistance? Contact the Office of Choice and Enrollment: call 720-423-3493 / email firstname.lastname@example.org / visit schoolchoice.dpsk12.org
If you have already been projected to attend JFK next year, you can start picking your classes for next year! We are proud to say we have a lot of programs that can help you Take Command of Your Future! To learn more about JFK’s course offerings, check out the resources below:
JFK Programs Overview:
Welcome Future Commanders!
In order for you to be a part of the excitement of rigorous courses, renovated facilities, and a family atmosphere, you need to complete the school choice process! For more information on that, please click here. If School Choice pairs you with our school, you can then begin our registration process! We have moved our registration process online this year to ensure the safety of all Commanders, and to save time, money, and resources.
You can complete your registration process in 5 easy steps and you do not have to wait in any lines! You must complete the steps in order. Please click the button below when you are ready to begin registration.
Did you miss our info sessions for prospective families? Not to worry! Please enjoy this recorded meeting so you can find out more about our school. Email any questions that come up to email@example.com!
The Ready for 2025 program will take place from Monday, July 19th – Friday, August 6th from 8 am to 12 pm and Ninth Grade Academy will take place the following week from Monday, August 9th to Thursday, August 12th from 8 am to 12 pm.
The purpose of the Ready for 2025 program is to give students an advantage in learning what it will be like to be a high school student.
– Students will be provided opportunities to engage in learning activities related to both Math and English.
– Students will begin to build relationships with staff members as well as other students.
– Students will also learn about the routines, structures and expectations of what it means to be a Kennedy Commander.
– Receive 2.5 credits towards high school graduation
– BUT most importantly students will have FUN and become part of our Commander family!
During 9th Grade Academy students will dive deeper into learning more about the school culture as well as continuing to engage in daily learning activities. Students will also understand graduation requirements and earn an additional 2.5 credits.
Details on how to register coming soon!
Due to the pandemic, we are not offering in person tours but please check out this virtual school tour offered by one of our very own Commanders.
Denver Public Schools recognized JFK as a “School to Learn From” because of its P.R.I.D.E. Values
Don’t take it from us, take it from our students! These testimonials are from the Class of 2023 freshmen.
Denver Public Schools (DPS) is committed to providing equitable and inclusive environments where students are Healthy, Supported, Engaged, Challenged, Safe, and Socially and Emotionally Intelligent. DPS is leading the nation in focusing this level of effort and attention around Whole Child supports because DPS knows– and research shows – it will not only improve academic outcomes, but is critical to achieving our vision that Every Child Succeeds.
As part of the 19-20 DPS recognition cycle, John F Kennedy High School has been named a Whole Child Distinguished School, demonstrating excellence in supporting students beyond academics.
JFK empowers the Whole Child through best-in-class programming across the academic, social-emotional, and postsecondary domains. JFK pushes students to see beyond their known scope of Southwest Denver and to become champions of change for themselves and their loved ones. The Whole Child strategies provide a solid foundation to “take command” of their future. To learn more about how JFK accomplish this, please review our various program highlights below!
Also, to learn more about the staff who make it happen, click here.