UPDATES FOR THE WEEK:
- YEARBOOKS: Due to the COVID pandemic, the shipment and production of the yearbooks were delayed, and we are expecting the yearbooks to be delivered to the school the week of June 9th. We will send out an exact date and time through the website, Schoology, and IC Messenger asap.
- Students can still reserve yearbooks using this link: https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/prdembd?ref=ZZI5ZQ2XQU04MZG_ZZJBY10NFC0ENXS
- We will have a drive-up pickup for any pre-ordered books, tentatively scheduled for the week of June 9th.
- If a student cannot pick up their yearbook at that drive-up event, their copy will still be reserved for them to pick up when school resumes in-person.
- If a student cannot pick up their yearbook at the drive-up event and will not be able to pick up once school resumes, they should reach out to Ms. Radigan at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- LOCKERS: Students can drive up to Kennedy’s main entrance from 8 to noon on Tuesday May 26th to pick up their locker items. All items have been bagged and labeled and are ready for pickup.
- CHROMEBOOKS: All returning rising 10th through 12th graders KEEP YOUr CHROMEBOOK over the summer if you borrowed one from the school or district. If you are leaving the district, please contact Ryan Aichele at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop off of this Chromebook.
- John F. Kennedy High School was be featured doing the Morning Announcements this week and will be on Facebook Live with Superintendent Cordova and President of the School Board, Dr. Carrie Olson. Check it out!
- If you haven’t heard, Mr. Anthony Sandoval will be our Varsity Volleyball Coach as we move into the 20-21 season. Congratulations, Coach!
- SENIOR UPDATES and TIMELINE:
- Virtual Graduation live stream will be on 5/28 at 11am. We will send out the link to the Vimeo on Tuesday.
- All seniors can pick up diplomas on 5/29 from 10am to 2pm.
- We are HAVING A CAR PARADE on 5/30 from 11:00am to 1:00pm to honor our Seniors!! If you are a Senior and want to participate in the parade sign up here by 5/25! If you need a car, we will do our best to get you one. This parade is limited to Seniors only, but all other Commanders are welcome to watch along the route described here: Right out of Student Parking, straight out of teachers’ lot, east on W. Bates, right on Hobart, right on S. Golden Way, right on Dartmouth, right on Lamar, past the school, then all cars head home.
- UPDATES FOR JUNIORS, SOPHOMORES, AND FRESHMEN:
- Your last assignments were due Friday 5/22
- Your grades will be posted in Infinite Campus by 5/29
- If you chose to receive CREDIT instead of a letter grade AND engaged in your classes by turning in assignments each week OR communicating with your teachers to create an alternative plan, you will receive a “P” for passing in the grade book by the end of the day on 5/29.
- If you chose to receive CREDIT, but did not engage in your classes, you will receive an “I” for incomplete in the grade book by the end of the day on 5/29. You have an entire year to make up the credit through Edgenuity.
- Summer homework will be available on the website by 5/26.
- New Classes added for next year:
- CU SUCCEEDS Ethnic Studies (1 semester) , taught by a Professor at JFK
- CU SUCCEEDS Criminal Justice (1 semester), taught by a Professor at JFK
- PLTW Environmental Sustainability (full year), taught by Heather Randall
- Complete this form if you are interested in registering for one of these classes.
- Update from the Future Center:
- JUNIORS! Fill out the DSF Junior Survey on Naviance! This survey allows the Future Center to know how best to support each individual student in the Fall for senior year. Here is the LINK to walk you through how to access the survey from Naviance
Summer Internships — a message from Ms. Aragon
Due to the COVID-19 virus, our CareerConnect department has been working diligently to offer summer remote internships. We are hopeful there will be some opportunities, so please stay tuned!
The Aerospace Academy has been CANCELLED and we hope to offer it next summer. FYI- the Summer Internship program will be remote with a few in-person positions. Originally, the Internship program was scheduled to begin on June 8, but due to the COVID-19 virus, the program dates changed to July 6 to August 7, 2020.
Due to COVID-19, we are unsure of the number of positions that will be available, especially for the MedConnect students. Please note: If there are more student applicants than internship positions, the application process will be competitive. I sent a parent/guardian survey directly to those students who completed their application and who attended Part 1 of the Skills Training Young Professionals conference. If you did not receive my email please email email@example.com, or call, text my Google number 720-460-9239. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Summer Remote Internship Dates: If our summer remote internship program is approved our start date will be Monday, July 6, to Friday, August 7. We appreciate your patience as we work through this trying time. If you have any questions please feel free to email Mrs. Aragon at firstname.lastname@example.org. My Google phone number is 720-460-9239. Thank you!
READ THE DOCUMENT LINKED HERE CAREFULLY FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.
JFK Relief Fund
Many of you have reached out regarding hardships you are overcoming as well as personal losses you have experienced during the pandemic. In order to be a support for our families in need, we have put together a Go Fund Me to pay for food baskets and other relief items. Follow this link to donate to Commander families who need the support of our community to make ends meet and stay healthy during this tough time. On the flip side, if you are in need, email Tiffany Almon at email@example.com to indicate your need and we will do whatever we can to help you out, while keeping your situation private.
Counseling Center Updates:
Counselors are available for appointments through Setmore: https://jfkcounseling.setmore.com/
Check out our School Counseling and Mental Health Team website for more information.
JFK Counseling Resources Click Here
JFK Mental Health Resources Click Here
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND LINKS:
- MEETING YOUR BASIC NEEDS
- Information for Grab and Go Meal Centers found here
- If you need immediate Mental Health support please call 1-877-542-7233 or visit
https://safe2tell.org/ which will provide an anonymous way to help someone who is struggling or hurting.
- TECH NEEDS
- CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
- If you are reporting confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 and/or have questions about COVID-19, please visit the DPS Corona Virus page.