Do you know youth looking for opportunities to make money this summer? Do you know youth who are looking to grow or expand their work readiness, leadership and team skills? Check out what The Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program will look like for Summer 2020 and share with youth in your community!
The Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program has moved to a virtual platform for Summer 2020. Youth are encouraged to visit the interest form here: (http://bit.ly/SYEP2020SIGNUP) to sign up by June 12th. The first 500 youth to apply will be entered into a randomized lottery system and will be notified of selection shortly after June 12th with the next steps in the process. Youth who sign up after the first 500 will be added to the waitlist should additional opportunities become available.
- Youth will complete two robust and engaging workforce preparedness units through the Google for Education platform. The content in this platform will provide youth with a foundation of skills that will be valuable in both their academic and workforce careers. Additionally, they will have an opportunity to build skills based on their passions, pursuits and goals.
- Youth will be expected to complete both units in their entirety (approximately 60 hours of content) to receive the full stipend amount of up to $1000.
- Tentative Program Launch July 6th, 2020 to be completed by August 14th, 2020
Youth Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Youth ages 14-24
- Denver Resident
- Priority given to low Income households (Free and Reduced Lunch Letter, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, or enrollment in a Title 1 school)
- Access to internet and computer*** (if you don’t currently have a computer, we ask that you reach out to your school to secure one)
The opportunities are limited – don’t wait until it’s too late! Interested Youth Apply Today!!! http://bit.ly/SYEP2020SIGNUP