It’s time to participate in the Transportation Opt-In Pilot Program. This pilot program gives you the opportunity to let us know if your student plans to use their transportation eligibility for the 2020-21 school year. Your participation helps our Routing Department plan routes more efficiently, reduce delays and improve service.
Please make your selection by May 29. If you do not opt-in by May 29, we will not plan for your student to use their transportation eligibility for the 2020-21 School Year. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to participate:
- Log into the Parent Portal (If you don’t have a Parent Portal account, please create one).
- Navigate to the Transportation page, where you’ll find the Opt-In Program form.
- The default for all students is set to “Opt-Out.” If you’d like your student to utilize their
transportation eligibility, please switch the toggle to “Opt-In.” Please note, this means that if you don’t take action, we will plan that your student will not use their transportation eligibility for the 2020-21 school year.
- Remember to click the “submit” button to save your request.
- Please do this by May 29, 2020. (If your circumstances change, you’ll have an opportunity to change your selection at the end of the summer.)
You can find a step-by-step pictorial of the process, as well as a more in-depth description of the program, by clicking here.
This program will not change your student’s transportation eligibility. If you have a student that was approved as an Exception Rider for the 2019-20 School Year, the Opt-In process will not apply to them. You can learn more about the Eligibility and Routing process by clicking here, and more about the Exception Request process by clicking here. If you have any questions about the Transportation Opt-In Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.