• JFK is the only public high school in Denver to offer the prestigious IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) as an option for all students in grades 9 and 10. MYP is designed for students ages 11–16.
• When the IB Diploma Programme starts in 2008 for grade 11 (and the next year for grade 12), JFK will be the only Denver high school to offer an authorized IB education for all grade levels. The two-year Diploma Programme is designed for students ages 16–19.
• Many of JFK’s dedicated teachers are trained in IB education. All are highly-qualified in their content areas and skilled in motivating high school students to excel in their courses.
• JFK prepares all students for success in college and other opportunities after high school. Students can earn free college credit during high school.
• Students throughout the Metro area – from Denver to Littleton to Lakewood – are eligible to attend JFK. Transportation is available for eligible students living in Denver.
Leading college admissions expert Barmak Nassirian recently
told Education Week that IB generally is regarded as “the gold
standard of high school curriculum in admissions circles.”
Many of JFK’s dedicated and experienced teachers are specifically trained in IB education. All are specially certified to teach and motivate high school students.
• Our staff receives ongoing, rigorous professional development
from the International Baccalaureate Organization and Denver
Public Schools to ensure teachers understand and use best practices
in curriculum, teaching techniques and interventions to help
all students succeed.
• Our teachers average more than 12 years of experience in the classroom.
• Most teachers have master’s degrees.
• JFK teachers make meaningful connections with students to inspire them to stay in school and reach their potential.
At JFK, we are serious about preparing students for success in college or the workplace. Students and teachers build strong relationships that keep students motivated.
• All JFK students can enroll in college courses during high
school and earn free college credit.
• JFK juniors and seniors in the IB Diploma Programme can earn college credit by successfully completing IB exams.
• JFK students can graduate from high school with an MYP certificate, a distinguished IB diploma, or a traditional high school diploma.